Inspire. Involve. Inform. Improve.
The Royal Horticultural Society is the UK’s leading gardening charity. We aim to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place. This vision underpins all that we do – from inspirational gardens and shows, through our scientific research, to our education and community programmes. We are committed to inspiring everyone to grow.
We share our knowledge through books, websites, podcasts and magazines, hold world-class collections of horticultural books and botanical art, and sell the very best plants and gardening gifts.
In everything we do, we will aim to use our guiding principles, which are to:
Our strategic objectives
- Be known, loved and trusted as the charity for all gardeners
- Safeguard and advance the science, art and practice of horticulture for the benefit of future generations and the environment
- Transform communities through gardening
- Create world-leading horticulture that inspires people to garden
- Nurture and grow our membership throughout the UK
- Provide a voice for all gardeners, sharing and building expert knowledge
- Delight our customers with exceptional service and products
- Be a great place to work where everyone makes a difference
- Have efficient business practices that deliver maximum income for our charitable purpose
- Make horticulture a career to be proud of.
Read more about our strategic objectives and how we achieve these in our Annual Reviews.
Our vision is to enrich everyone's life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place.
Read more about the RHS Vision (4.7MB pdf)
Our charitable purpose is
“The encouragement and improvement of the science, art and practice of horticulture in all its branches.”